Monday, June 28, 2010

getting organised........

So we've been on "holidays" for a couple of weeks already, due to the campus move... I've purchased most of my fabrics now, which is a massive relief to be honest. Certainly a challenge to pay for on a student budget though! I really wish I'd started saving a lot earlier now!


I still have to buy the organza and duchess satin for the wedding dress, as well as the black (possible knit fabric) for the gloves that play a huge part in my collection. I just can't find an exact match anywhere in the organza for the gorgeous duchess satin that completely ties in my entire collection. So I can't really buy the duchess satin yet until I know I have a match in the organza. Devastation. Hopefully something presents itself in the next couple of months. Or maybe the Hong Kong trip will prove fruitful...


I leave on Wednesday for 8 days in Hong Kong with a big group of other students. Although I'm incredibly excited to go, I know I have a lot of work to come home to. This trip will be the calm before the storm.... Hong Kong doesn't have a lot of eveningwear fabrics, but maybe I will get lucky with the organza and the gloves fabric... We'll see.


Bon Voyage, see u when I'm back in Oz - hopefully with good news.
I'll leave you with an image of my mood/storyboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment